Bartender Wanted: The Mills House - A Wyndham Grand
Experience the ultimate in southern charm at our hotel in the heart of historic Charleston. Opened in 1853, The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel is a unique hotel close to the Museum Mile and many historic downtown sights. We are a full service hotel with warm hospitality and friendly services, concierge staff and valet parking.
The Bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar area and the mixing of drinks for all guests and servers. Need to maintain the service and cleanliness of the bar area, ensuring quality service, guest satisfaction and control over liquor inventory.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift.
- Previous bartending experience helpful.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.