Pool Bar Back Wanted: Eden Roc Miami Beach
The purpose of the position is to interact with our guests and ensure that they have a positive dining experience. Bar Attendants are responsible for positive guest interactions, while providing service in a friendly and efficient manner. Bar Attendants are expected to be attentive to our guests spoken and unspoken needs and make them feel welcomed, comfortable, important, and relaxed.
* Consistently keep the restaurant organized and clean; including, but not limited to: dining room, bar area, host area, bus stations, walkways, kitchen area, computer stations, storage areas, hallways and adjacent outdoor areas
* Follow FL and Miami-Dade County ordinances and laws regarding responsible service of alcohol
* Set up and break down bar and bar area according to outlets standards
* Cut fruit and prepare for service
* Consistently keep the bar area organized and clean
* Know all specialty cocktail ingredients and garnishes
* Participate in updated training for the bar and menu items
* Know the pour count for each drink and be able to follow pouring procedures appropriately
* Answer questions on menu selections and drinks to servers and guests
* Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cooking orders, and product availability
* Operate Micros, handle cash, room charges, guest member charges and credit card charges according to procedures
* Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages
* Polish and maintain cleanliness of work areas, silverware, glassware, etc., throughout the day
* Complete closing duties, including restocking items, locking down bar, etc.
* Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
* Assist management with monthly inventory
* Create requisition order for necessary products each day
* Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards
* Anticipate and address guests service needs
* Speak with others using clear and professional language
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support your team to reach common goals
* Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
* Thank guests with genuine appreciation
* Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management
* Take ownership of direct guests requests, following through to completion of the request. Do not decline any guest request without offering alternatives.
* Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, discreetly use guest name when possible and appropriate. Thank guests with genuine appreciation, discreetly using guest name when possible and appropriate.
* Be engaging with guests and exhibit a genuine sense of interest and concern for all guests.
* Speak with others using clear and professional language. Avoid slang and excessive use of phrase-fragments. Maintain a gracious tone and be polite throughout all interactions with guests and other staff members.
* Exhibit a discreet demeanor, attentive but not hovering or appearing to rush guests at any time.
* Maintain an accurate knowledge of resort restaurants, services, events, promotions, and amenities.
* Anticipate and address guests spoken and unspoken service needs, quickly and efficiently.
* Assist other members to quickly and efficiently serve guests and complete their job duties to ensure a positive guest experience. Duties include and are not limited to running food, bussing/reseting tables, sweep floors, maintain food/buffet options, and assist seating of guests when you find extra time.
* Maintain sections and dining space to include , bussing, cleaning and resetting of tables
* Maintain cleanliness of work areas, tables, chairs, china, glass, silverware, etc., throughout the shift
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support your team to reach common goals.
* All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
* Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
* Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
* Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates including nametag.
* Maintain an alert position at all times, with no hands in pockets or folded arms; avoid excessive personal chatting amongst themselves; do not smoke, drink, or eat in the guests view.
* Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior, sexual harassment policies, and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
* Inform management of any necessary equipment, product needs or damaged supplies.
* Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Significant portions of day requi
Pool Bar Back