Hotel Overview: Opening in the early Fall of 2017, the Fairmont Austin will offer 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most anticipated hotel opening in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Maintenance of liquors, garnishes, glassware in work area.
- Accurate and timely production of customer orders and server orders.
- Articulate, friendly mannerisms with guests and associates.
- Ability to deal and work with associates gracefully, even while under pressure.
- Maintains clean work area and cleans glasses and miscellaneous items according to health department specifications.
- Keep all working areas in a clean and safe condition.
- Adherence to all company policy and standards of customer service.
- Maintain cleanliness and stocking of Beverage store room.
- Insure Bartenders have adequate glassware, garnishes, beverages, and supplies at all time.
- Assist Bartenders with guest service at any busy period.
Previous bartending experience preferred
Excellent knowledge of all beverage products
Previous point of sale system experience an asset
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether youre launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resortsand the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. Thats why you'll find exceptional work opportunitiesthroughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacificas well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like Londons The Savoy, New Yorks The Plaza, and Shanghais Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!