Calling all Las Vegas, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles Bartenders!
Following the guidelines, below, create your best rum punch recipe using one or more of the Gosling family’s renowned rums. Take inspiration from the legendary Bermuda Rum Swizzle.
The top two winners selected from each city will receive a trip to Bermuda to compete live and battle for a $1,500 cash prize and bragging rights.
- The recipe must contain a minimum of 1.5 U.S. fluid ounces of any Goslings Rum (Black Seal Rum, Black Seal 151 Rum, Gold Seal Rum or Family Reserve Old Rum)
- More than one recipe can be entered
- Your recipe must contain no more than six ingredients total (any rimmer used will count as one ingredient but garnishes do not count as an ingredient)
- All ingredients must be commercially available (no homemade items can be used)
- Presentation is also scored, so, make sure to upload a photo of your rum punch along with the recipe and instructions
- Cocktails will be judged on originality, appearance, nose and taste
- All entries must be received by July 2, 2018
- On July 16 the top five entrants from each city will be contacted by email to submit a video of them preparing and presenting their drink. Videos must not be longer than three minutes and must be emailed in Vimeo or Youtube format no later than July 20, 2018. Cell phone videos are OK
- On July 23, an illustrious panel of distinguished beverage industry experts will select the two top winning recipes from each city to move on to the head-to-head finals throw down in Bermuda on August 21 for the title of Goslings Rum “Best of the West” champions
Panel of Judges - Semifinals and Bermuda Finals
- All entrants must be a minimum 21 years of age or older.
- Open to all industry professionals and Goslings Rum enthusiasts from the four participating cities (Las Vegas, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles).
- If chosen in the Top 8, contestant must be available to participate in the final round in Bermuda and travel from August 19, 2018 through August 22, 2018
Submit your recipe here by clicking on the SUBMIT RECIPE TO COMPETITION button below or by using ShakeStir's iPhone app (UNDER COMPETITION) by Monday, July 2nd at midnight.
Important: You need to have a ShakeStir profile that indicates that you work in the above cities in order to submit, so make sure your profile is up to date!
THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING! GOOD LUCK!
- Your Shakestir Team
BROUGHT TO YOU BY